In this episode we get to know Santana Moss, retired NFL player, broadcaster, business man and dedicated member of the communities where he lives and works (Washington DC, northern VA & Miami FL). We learn what drives Santana Moss; what started his passion for football and how he never let what people say deter him from reaching his goals to become a professional athlete. We talk about how to hustle to get what you want, and why it’s so important to move through roadblocks. Santana shares his perspective on how to use the low points in life to get what you want most.
Enjoy a special “live” version of the interview.
Who is Santana Moss?
- Washington Redskin Wide receiver who played in the NFL for 14 seasons
- Amazing father and husband
- Devoted member of the community in the DC area and in FL, committed to helping others and motivating the next generation of athletes and leaders
Quote to remember
“I have walked the long road to freedom. I have tried not to falter; I have made missteps along the way. But I have discovered the secret that after climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. I have taken a moment here to rest, to steal a view of the glorious vista that surrounds me, to look back on the distance I have come. But I can only rest for a moment, for with freedom come responsibilities, and I dare not linger, for my long walk is not ended.”
Santana’s Top Ten Pro Tips
- Never let your career define you.
- “Step up in the critical moments, when the pressure is on.”
- Take roadblocks and obstacles that come your way and move through them.
- Failures are a chance for growth.
- It’s not easy to pick yourself up, but get on with it.
- Everything happens for a reason.
- Untapping what you have within you helps you become the best version of you.
- Don’t be satisfied. You’ve got more. You can do something better.
- Success is about consistency and routine.
- Tune out to the noise.
Our nugget from this episode is this reminder:
Who or what is most inspiring to you? Look to them for fuel to keep you going on off days — and we all have them! — and just keep moving.
A big thank you to Santana for helping us kick off the show. If you need more pro tips or help, book a discovery call with us. Don’t get stuck in analysis paralysis or worrying about what other people are doing. Mind your own business and stay in pro mode!